Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Multimedia Project: Screenr

Screenr is a Web 2.0 tool that creates a screencast, which is a digital recording of your computer screen.  Screenr records audio while taking a live video of your computer screen.  It is free, user-friendly, you don't have to install or download anything, and it's easy to sign up and share.  
Screenr could be used in classrooms in a variety of ways.  Students could create project presentations using Screenr.  As the teacher, I could create screencasts that instruct my students how to do a particular project or use a particular program on the computer.  These screencasts could be stored on a class website so students could watch them as many times as needed.  This would also be beneficial for me if I was going to be absent.  I could leave a digital lesson plan for the substitute with a link to a screencast that demos what students should be working on.  I could also create a screencast at home, and save it in my dropbox as an .mp4 file.  It would be waiting for me, or the substitute at school.  
Check out the Screencast I made using Screenr:

Neat, huh? Click here to visit the Screenr website and record your own screencast.

No comments:

Post a Comment